|Firmware upgrade of Dynamix VoIP gateway
Please read the following rules carefully before to start your firmware upgrade!!!
The firmware upgrade is recommended only for experienced users!
You can upload the firmware and configurations file to using console port, FTP or TFTP client software. You CAN NOT upload the firmware via Telnet because the Telnet connection will be dropped during uploading the firmware.
1. Connect your gateway to LAN and setup terminal system
Speed rate : 9600 bps
Information bits: 8
Stop bits : 1
Flow control: No
2. IP-Address configuration for your unit for example:
$ifaddr -ip 192.168.1.1 -mask 255.255.255.0 -gate 192.168.1.254
3. Load the archive file from tftp server in folder on your PC
4. Please select the correct file type for upgrading. If the file name and the file type is unconformable, the upgrade procedure will be
5. Test the connection with tftp server and gateway access:
6. Start your tftp server
7. Enter the following command:
$rom -app -s 192.168.1.100 -f 2fxo.118b (for Application code)
$rom --boot2m -s 192.168.1.100 -f 2m2fxo.118b (for 2M code)
Attention! Application code – for example - 4afxs.205, file size about 1MB, or
2M code – usually beginig from 2m, for example 2m2fxo.118, size about 2МB
8. After configuration saving , enter the command
9. After rebooting your system, test your new version
usr/config$ rom -boot2m -s 192.168.1.100 -f 2m4fxo.118b
tftpserver : 192.168.1.100
downloadFile : 2m4fxo.118b
102400 byte downloaded
2007552 byte downloaded
Total size = (2097151)
Tftp transfer OK.
Begin writting flash. Please wait a moment!!!
3 percent written
100 percent written