A firewall is a method of implementing common as well as user defined security policies in an effort to
keep intruders out. Firewalls work by analyzing and filtering out IP packets that violate a set of rules defined
by the firewall administrator. The firewall is located at the point of entry for the network. All data inbound and
outbound must pass through the firewall for inspection.
1. Power on your ADSL modem/router.
2. Launch the Web browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape, etc.).
3. Enter the LAN port default IP address ( Default Gateway ) http://10.0.0.2 in the address bar.
4. Entry of the username and password will be prompted. Enter the default login
“User Name” and “Password”:
The default login User Name of the administrator is “admin”, and the default login Password is
The default login User Name for the non-administrator is “user”, and the default login Password is
5. Enter in “Advance” and chose in submenu “Firewall” and then option
6. Select the option “Enable” and then press the button
“Submit” , if you want to save your configuration.
7. Setup the options “Inbound policy” and “Outbound
The “Inbound Policy” allows you to filter inbound ( From the WAN into the user side LAN ) packets
based on a set of rules. This enables you to deny access from different sources and thus increase security.
The “Outbound policy” allows you to filter outbound ( From the user side LAN to the WAN ) packets based
on a set of rules. This enables you to deny access to different sources and thus increase security.
More information about Dynamix UM-A (1 LAN) ADSL modem/router can you find :